As I sit here and watch Curious George's silly antics I start to think of the things I want to accomplish in the coming year. George does some pretty exciting things, and in an odd way it is inspiring.
So here is a short list of quilty goals I am setting for myself and I'm sharing it with y'all so you can hold me accountable. If I'm faltering from the list call me out lol
- My biggest thing that I want to accomplish is being more confident in myself and skills. I tend to get caught up in my own mind and think that my stuff might not be good enough, but so far I have always been able to shake off that notion and trudge on. Practice makes perfect, right?
- Try and calm down my crafty ADHD & not start a bazillion projects at once + Finish all my current WIPs
- Tackle a skill I am scared of (aka curved seams)
- Make 1 quilt a month.
- Sew more from my stash and scraps & spend less money on fabric hoarding. Yep it's hoarding and I admit it :)
- Design a quilt pattern on my own & make it for the first time.
- Don't spread myself too thin and ignore other aspects of my life. I can get caught up in sewing, and not sleep enough or play with W enough and I hate that. I need to learn when to walk away and know that I'm not going to miss an opportunity because of it.
- Enjoy what I do. I sew and quilt because I love it and I don't ever want it to feel like a chore or something I have to do.