The Liebster Award takes its name from the German word meaning dearest and is an award given to a new blogger with fewer than 200 followers. There will be no trophy or embossed certificate but it is recognition from a fellow blogger that you have valuable information to be shared. And it's an excellent way to make new friends, network and get your blog noticed!
The criteria, if you should accept this award, is as follows:
- Thank your nominator by linking back to their post
- Answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator
- Make a list of 11 facts about yourself
- Nominate 5 or more up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers for this award
- Provide a list 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Publish your post and contact your nominees with the good news
My 11 questions to answer from Michelle are:
1.What is one item on your bucket list? -- Getting to spend the night in the Cinderella Suite inside of the Castle at Walt Disney World in Florida :)
2. What is your favorite comfort food? -- Macaroni and cheese
3. Cat or dog? -- definitely dog.
4. What's your favorite quote? -- "The way to get started is to stop talking and start doing" Walt Disney
5. What is your earliest childhood memory? -- Going to the hospital on the day my little sister was born. I was almost 5 years old.
6. Pick 2 celebrities to be your parents. -- Hmmm I think I would choose Penn Jillette from Penn & Teller to be my dad, and Meryl Streep to be my mom.
7. Who was the last person you called? -- My mom.
8. What is on your night stand? -- Nothing :) everything is still in boxes.
9. What makes you smile? -- Hearing my baby boy laugh, and lazy days with Jeffrey.
10. Name of your best friend -- Emily :)
11. What is the inspiration behind your blog name? -- I've always found my blog name to be very straight forward. I'm young, I'm a Texan, and most importantly I'm a mama. I was scared when I found out I was going to be a mom at such a young age (by today's standards anyway) so I wanted to start this blog to share my adventures and show it's not as terrifying as some young girls might think :)
My 11 questions to answer from Leanne:
1. What's in your make-up bag? -- Too much stuff: foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, 3 different lip sticks, moisturizer, eyelash curler, lip liner, concealer, and probably a few other random things.
2. Spender or saver? -- Spender, but I am getting a million times better at saving because Jeff is definitely a saver.
3. Currently reading? -- Home: A Memoir of My Early Years by Julie Andrews :) I love her.
4. If you were to write a book, what would it be about? -- This is a tough one. I wrote a research paper in college about Walt Disney and Lewis Carrol, and I would love to continue my research and turn it into a dissertation :) Grad school is a bit pricy though.
5. Which 3 words best describe your blog? -- Fun, Useful, Spastic
6. What made you decide to start blogging? -- I had another blog a few years ago about my Disney College Program experience, and when I became a mom I knew I wanted to continue on this blogging journey with a new audience.
7. What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you? -- The night before my brothers wedding, I got hammered and told him that he was marrying a she-devil. OOPS This happened in front of a large group of people.
8. And the best? -- Meeting Jeffrey and having our son William :)
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you pick? -- London, England. Jeff was born here and has always wanted to go back, and I went there in college and adored it.
10. What's for dinner tonight? -- Take-out.
11. What's your favourite aspect of blogging? -- Getting to connect with people from all over the world.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I am a terrible flyer. It terrifies me sometimes.
2. I've been dying my hair since high school because I have had grey hair since then.
3. I hoard fabirc and sewing notions.
4. I could walk around Target for an hour and not buy anything. I just like to look at the things they have sometimes :)
5. Being a mom used to scared the crap out of me.
6. I can tollerate any bodily fluid except for blood. My mom sliced her foot once and I nearly passed out because of the blood.
7. I can't sleep sometimes if Jeff is not home.
8. I'm pretty sure I have ADHD.
9. I am very close to my parents, and I talk to them on a daily basis.
10. I am addicted to Coke, and basically any soda except Diet ones.
11. I can build almost anything, and I love using power tools.
Emily @ Just the Stew of Us
Shannon @ Cozy Country Living
Erin @ Momasaurus
Tricia @ Road Trip the World
Kristin @ One Organic Mama
11 Questions for my Nominees
1. Do you say Coke, Soda or Pop?
2. What is one thing you have always wanted to learn how to do?
3. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
4. Comedy or Drama?
5. What was your favorite childhood game.
6. What is your dream car?
7. Football or Soccer?
8. What is your most cherished possession?
9. Favorite midnight snack?
10. What is your favorite pair of shoes?
11. What is your favorite Disney movie?