So I don't have any awesome pictures, but I can let you know how to make the easiest chicken tacos ever.
- fresh or frozen chicken breasts (the fresh will cook faster)
- 1 3/4 cups salsa (we like chunky Pace)
- 1 onion, sliced or diced
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- sour cream
- Throw the first 6 ingredients into your Crock Pot and stir to coat the chicken breasts. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low, or 4-5 hours on high. (the fresh chicken breast will probably only take 2-3 hours to cook)
- Once the chicken is cooked through, pull it out and shred. I love using my Kitchen Aid stand mixer to shred chicken. It works fantastically. Return shredded chicken to Crock Pot.
- While shredded chicken warms in the juicy goodness, warm tortillas and get toppings ready. Jeff drowns his tacos in sour cream, and I love sliced avocado and cheese on mine.
- Build your tacos and enjoy :)
Oh and for this recipe I made my own taco seasoning for the first time and it was delicious! Plus it doesn't have any of that extra stuff from those pre-done packets of seasoning :)
Taco Seasoning Recipe:
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper